Extract from Forbes and John Ryan
The 3 key traits of an effective leader are
– driven by an inspiring vision of success. – excelled at communication.
– they have exercised superior judgment.
1. Vision (BHAV)
– Henry Ford dreamed of a car families could afford.
– Steve Jobs dreamed of an easy-to-use computer that would unleash creativity. – – Nelson Mandela dreamed of an integrated, prosperous Rainbow nation
– Mark Zuckerberg – connecting the world
– Bull Gates – putting a of on every persons desk
– Elon Musk – saving the planet
These visions were deep-seated passions, magnetic enough to capture the minds of just a few devoted followers at first but ultimately the imaginations of millions of women and men.
A compelling vision inspires, clarifies and focuses the work of individuals–and preferably entire organizations–for a lengthy span of time. It creates the heart – the reason for being!
What is your vision? Do you even have one? Often, in the rush to get things done, to launch a new project or product, we ask people to get behind our efforts without ever really giving them a good reason why.
Stopping to talk and listen can seem a waste of time. It’s easy to cut off debate too early, especially during your deadline !