NSW Finance Minister, Victor Dominello shared with us the 7 D’s, at a pre-breakfast NSW budget launch (where the government posted a $4b surplus, wiped out debt and has budgeted massive spending on developing infrastructure, education and health)… saying that to survive and thrive, we need to make sure we take a grasp of the technologies that will drive us to 2050 and beyond.
- Data – knowledge and big data is key. Your decisions should be evidence based
- Digital – you need to be in 21st century
- Direct – things need to happen in real time
- Display – present it in an easy way – display tools – make it easy to digest knowledge
- Dissection – analyse it – operationalise those insights
- DNA – culture – needs to be in 21st century – or you will be left behind quickly
- 3rd Dimension – mobiles will be toast, its 2 dimensional – you will have glasses or contacts – giving you a 3D – augmented reality experience. digital morphing – where we will be unable to distinguish what is digital and what is real. This is the future – and we (our government) should embrace this and be at the forefront of this wave.
It’s great to see that our NSW government has a solid vision, with the motivation , authority and desire to invest in innovation and adopt cutting edge technology.
As a Shareholder and Director of BSI and a number of Innovative Startups, I believe that this is the sort of leadership and direction that will provide a massive boost to our Country.